Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

Much ado

Hello all! Things are pretty good here in Lasalle! Me and Elder Bareno have been so busy we just run around all day like chickens with our heads cut off. We have to take care of a lot of missionaries and be the go between for them and President Patrick. The trick is that the A.P's are always with President receiving instruction from him. The district leaders are constantly with their teams assessing needs and giving instruction. We're just stuck in between the two making sure everything gets communicated clearly. It's actually kind of fun.

Lasalle is a really awesome ward. I spent my first Sunday there on splits with members because Elder Bareno had to go to a funeral on west island. A lot of members were at the funeral as well (which took 4 hours) so I didn't meet all that many members, but the ones I met were cool. Lasalle is a very populous place, but it's also only mediocre as far as the public transport goes. We share a car with one of the Mandarin teams, but we have it most of the time. I have taken the metros a few times already though. It's a completely different experience in Montreal. We were averaging about 6 lessons a week in Terrebonne. This week we taught 20. That's actually really incredible even for the island though. Practically every team in the zone has someone with a baptismal date, and those who don't (like us) have people that are really close. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to serve here! The Lord has truly blessed me in this my last (probably) area. 

Also I've been thinking about if I should extend my mission an additional 6 weeks. I'm right up against the deadline (I got my trunky-call on Thursday) for extending and need to decide within the next few weeks. I've been praying and feel like I shouldn't extend, but I want to know how you guys feel about it. I want to do what's right, but I don't want to extend just to put off coming home and getting a job and stuff.

I know that this is the Lord's work! My testimony of the truth grows daily! With man this work is impossible, but with God, nothing is impossible.

I love you so much!!
Elder Hardy


Elder Pesqueira and I on our last day



Me and part of the
 old district

My new companion
Elder Bareno

No comments:

Post a Comment