Saturday, April 5, 2014

March 17, 2014


Hello Everyone!!

So happy to hear about you guys's great time up in B.C!! I hope Ronnie broke his wrist. Then I will be the only brother who hasn't broken a bone. I'm also super excited to hear about Jordan preparing for the temple. Just remember a few things: the recommend questions are the minimum. We won't feel 100% worthy to be there until we are in the Celestial kingdom. It's only through the atonement of Christ that we can ever be remotely worthy to enter that building anyway. Also pay close attention when you go. There are answers to many questions, and the more knowledge we have, the larger and more powerful our testimony can be. 

Speaking of temples, We get to go to the temple on Friday!!!! The Montreal temple is closing for 13 months in May (doesn't reopen until just after I finish my mission!) so they are trying to give everyone a chance to go through a session at least once on their mission.

If you haven't gleaned it from the last letters, these last few weeks have been tough for me. I am really trying to fully submit my will to the will of the Lord, and it is hard. I get very frustrated with myself as I see my weaknesses and struggle to overcome them. I know that my biggest obstacle is pride. My desires need to change and become the Lord's desires, and this is only possible if I am truly humble.  I need to be able to humble myself, but I can't seem to do it. Right now I am running off of a rule I set for myself: If I don't contact, I don't get to eat. That has helped some, but it is not the proper way to truly change myself.

I don't have as much to say today. Just if you guys have any advice on the subject I would really appreciate it. Our investigator Marcel is really progressing well. The ward has begun to absorb him into itself socially (he is playing in the volleyball tournament and everything). His date is the 29th, and he is progressing solidly towards it. Just keep him in your prayers that he makes it.

Love you all. I know that the Lord has stretched forth his hand this one last time to restore his gospel.

Elder Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment