Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 29, 2014


Putting pens into our noses

I had to change the subject of this e-mail because the old title looked like it had a bad word when I glanced at it quickly.

Anyway the subject is reference to how well me and Elder S get along, with each other and with our roomates. I`ll put a picture at the end.

This week has been fun. Starting to figure things out. Mom asked if there had been other missionaries recently, yes if 12 weeks ago is recently. The area was only closed for two transfers. However the areas are different so it wasn`t simple to separate who teaches who with the sisters. The ward is cool as well. It`s about 1 third hispanic and has some very strong members. The bishop is barely 2 months into his calling and has a lot of energy. The ward mission leader, Frere H, is amazing. The man is so devoted to missionary work. He went to a meeting with Elder Carleson of the Seventy in Montreal where Elder Carlson demonstrated how to do member missionary work by role-playing contacting someone of the metro to talk about family-history and inviting them to an FHC (p.s. this meeting was intended primarily for investigators and less-actives!!). Brother H was so inspired that the next day he did the same thing to the mechanic working on his car. The guy had already done his genealogy and Brother H didn`t know where to go after that, but later thought of some ideas and recorded them in his ``missionary experience journal.`` Needless to say he has a lot of enthusiasm. He and the bishop are both brand new and pumped to get the ward involved in hastening the work. Me and Elder S feel that we were put here now to be part of the equation that causes Terrebonne to take off. Ward council has already given us names and we are already working on contacting them. 

Life is grand here. I`m feeling better that I have my whole mission. People keep complimenting my french (I guess I didn`t lose it) and my confidence is at an all-time high (and I mean in my life). Terrebonne will be the ``Golden Era`` of my mission. I can just feel it.

I love you all! My testimony is strengthened every day as I feel the spirit! Elder H came back to work on the apartment again today and he told us his conversion story. It was awesome and his testimony flooded the room with the spirit (and this was in a missionary apartment). I know the Savior loves us. There is no good gift he does not want to give us. All we need is the faith to ask him!

-Elder Hardy

p.s. Jeff, there's tons of nice young YSA girls in Ottawa that need a husband.

I realized I don't have the picture of us with pens in our noses, so I'll just sent a picture of me and my companion being serious.






No comments:

Post a Comment