Thursday, March 12, 2015

March 9, 2015

Lonely little me

The big news this week is that I didn't receive my new companion. He was turned back at the AĆ©roport because his visa mentioned his Belgian citizenship, but failed to mention his dual citizenship in the Republic of Georgia. When he arrived with a Georgian passport the customs agent freaked out and put him on the next flight back to Salt Lake. Now we're just waiting for the Church offices to sort it out and get him over here. In the mean time I'm in a trio with the Assistants and covering an extremely healthy area all by myself. I've been blessed by the Lord so much in the last few days, as I've been able to do what I have needed to (through largely member splits) and am handling the obvious stress of the situation.

On the bright side C is doing super awesome. She came to a special meeting with Elder Kacher of the second quorum of the Seventy and it was a really spiritual experience. Her testimony is really growing, and her excitement for her baptism is growing every day. She's such a miracle and I'm so blessed to have been a small part of it. 

I did receive the information on the different subjects, and to my great consternation they practically all require a calculus class! Is there no Balm in Gilead?! Is there a prophet in Israel?! Can't a man just get through University without studying math!? Sigh. I guess I'll just register for generals and figure it out when I get back­. It may be that I will have to humble myself and take such a class, but I'm going to ask if this cup can be removed from me first.

In other news, I don't have much time today since I don`t have a library card and can't get one since I'm not a permanent resident of the Town of Mount Royal. So I have to use the extra computer time that the Assistants don't use. Know that I love you all, and that I pray for you. Please pray for Elder S that he will be able to come to Canada and serve his mission.<

I love you all!
Elder Hardy


p.s. don`t worry about the pants. They're already worn out. The only pair of suit pants standing has several holes in the legs and the right pocket is destroyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment