Thursday, February 26, 2015

February 23, 2015

Bob

So Sunday was super weird but in an awesome way. We had this guy from China who calls himself Bob just wander into our Sacrament meeting. He had just moved in to a condo right next to the church and decided to go check it out Sunday morning at exactly the time the meeting started. He was pumped because it was in English and not french (if he'd waited two more hours he would have been disappointed) though Mandarin is definitely his first language. He really enjoyed the meetings and the members with only a little prodding from us did a great job of making him feel welcomed. We set up an appointment with him for tomorrow night and invited the Chinese Elders so we can pass him off to them. Pretty cool.

Speaking of church C... hasn't missed a Sunday in like 5 weeks. She is doing awesome. She came to a baptism in another unit and came away talking about how excited she is for her own baptism. She stayed at the after-baptism party refreshments thing way longer than we even did. We had to leave right away because a member had Invited us to dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant to say goodbye to Elder Bareno (he goes home next week. We had a pretty good time (Even if I don't look it for some reason in these pictures): 



 Things are going well over here. The zone is doing awesome except the Chinese district who is still struggling. We pray a lot for them and we're doing an extra split with one of the teams this week. Tomorrow is Zone Conference and guess what? It's a lot of work. Actually it's kind of fun being involved in this stuff though it eats into our proselyting time. We have so many people to visit and it takes all our concentration just to keep them all on the wagon. It's really not a bad problem for missionaries though. I'm happy I'm having fun (in the right way) and I have no complaints. I wish I could take out the last 1.66 years and restart my 2 years right now. 


I'm glad Ronnie is doing so well with his blossoming acting career. I can't wait to hear him sing as that is something he developed while I've been gone. Paige is going to Prom!!!! That's nuts! I'm really impressed that the young man already is wearing a tuxedo in the picture. He seems like a nice young dude. Lizzie I'm so sorry you had to live through that. The poor little guy will be happy now in the spirit world. 

I love you so much! I'm amazed that I'm privileged enough to be part of this amazing family. Never stop being awesome and never stop serving the Lord. The Savior won't come until the world is ready so let's preach the Gospel and get her ready!

Elder Hardy



No comments:

Post a Comment