Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014


Time has wings. Good thing I have a 12 gauge.

Time goes so fast! Now even the weeks feel really short! I feel like I was just here writing to you this morning! Part of the acceleration problem is that we got a car and now we aren't ever trapped outside our area with nothing to do. We've really cranked up how hard we are working, and we're seeing the blessings. Me and Elder Spencer decided we were tired of just waiting passively and hoping we get lessons. This week we went out and looked for them. Then all our scheduled appointments fell through so the end result was still only a few lessons, but at least we tried! This week the new less-actives and investigators we picked up should combine with our normal crowd and then continue to augment! Things are getting a little more exciting here in Terrebonne!

District Leader is an interesting challenge. My mind has two levels of focus to maintain now: my area, and the district as a whole. I've been praying and have already felt the Lord strengthen me in this assignment. I can testify to the reality of revelation, because I've received it about where the district's focus should be. Also, so many phone calls!

Wow Mom that's sad to hear the response that came to the thought of even stepping foot in the chapel. Satan is powerful isn't he. He doesn't just create apathy towards the truth, he convinces people to fear it. Funny thing is if the roles were reversed they'd likely get all offended that you wouldn't go in to their chapel. Good thing that doesn't bother us because we understand that Christ's Atonement makes all fear illogical (except the fear of God of course).

I have such a testimony of the truthfulness of the restoration. You all know I spend a lot of time thinking, and every line of thought I start on the subject of religion leads back to the restoration being the only logical thing that God would do. I think that having the gift of the Holy Ghost counts as being biased towards the truth though. Logic aside though, even if some korihor-like philosophy professor was to come along and tear my reasoning to shreds (unlikely) he could never take from me the spiritual witnesses I have of the  truth. Christ lives, and he will come again. I know it. He is the Savior of my soul, and the redeemer of any who are humble enough to accept that he chose a 14-year-old boy to receive his truth and not them.

I love you all so much!
Elder Hardy



Me and Elder Spencer waiting for our ride to go do service    


Me and Elder Dawagne saying goodbye at transfers    

Elder Anderson and I on my first split as a district leader    

No comments:

Post a Comment