Friday, May 23, 2014

May 19, 2014


Hello Family!!

Of course I get to write today. The church building doesn't close on Victoria day! And neither does the gospel-related thingies that I do all day. :)

Just feeling fabulous today! We went out right after studies and played tennis for about an hour in the abundant sunshine. It was quite lovely. The weather has finally turned here in Ottawa, and my concerns have gone from keeping warm, to dealing with sweat stains. Elder Laouto is a great guy. His English is better than I thought, and he's just a fun, easygoing guy. An islander through and through. That being said he is a man with no fear about talking to people. He will be a big support in helping me fully crack my anti-contacting shell. We've set goals and I have already started to improve a bit. Not any cool stories yet, but I've begun to talk to more people. This is what the area needs, since several people dropped us on Tuesday, Elder Castrejon's last day. 

Steeves is doing good though. His date was this coming Saturday, but we're going to have to move it back a week or so because we haven't been able to see him enough due to his insane work schedule. He should still get baptized though. :)

With regards to the zone leaders we live with, Elder Marcus Smith left, and Elder Carrier replaced him. Elder Carrier came in with me. He is a Mandarin-speaking Elder who was raised in France, but now his family lives in Utah. He's pretty cool. He and Elder Ballard make a good team. Gonna miss Elder Smith though, and so do all the YSA women and sister missionaries ;) 

Yeah that's it. Just gonna send some pictures to finish things off.

Love you all!

1. Me with Elder Laouto
2. Me at Parlament
3. Guess what's coming to Ottawa?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment