Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 21, 2013


Hello all!!
I'll start by answering your questions.

Where do you go to get access to a computer?
1. We use the computers in the geneology room at the chapel. There are four desktop computers that we use. 

Do you talk to your ward mission leader every day?
2. Not quite, but close to every day. He has a crazy work schedule. It is crazy how blue-collar the church is in Quebec. There is absolutely no problem with that, but I haven't met a single doctor or dentist who is a member (thanks to the socialized system there aren't too many of those anyway).

Where do you have to go to do your laundry?
3. Our appartament has ten stories and one set of machines on each floor. We have to pay way too much for little tokens to use them.

What are some of the new foods you have learned to cook/eat?
4. I can make rice, and I know how to brown growned beef or sausage. I also know how to pour Sriracha sauce on stuff. That stuff is awesome. Look it up.

Did you get your packages?


Do you need more glasses?  (I don't see you wearing them in many of your pictures)
6. I have enough glasses. I will eventually get the good ones fixed. The problem is that I can't seem to keep them clean because I don't wear t-shirts anymore. When they are too dirty I take them off.

Are you allowed to tract at the Universities?
7. Yes we do it all the time. Young people tend to talk to us a little more than old people.

Does your mission do Church tours?
8. I don't know. I've not heard anything about it. I guess probably in theory

How is your morning study time set up?
9. Six thirty arise and prepaire, eight personal study, nine companionship study, ten french study, eleven lunch, then at twelve we begin (I am done with the 12 week program! that added another hour)

Are most of your contacts French speaking?
10. Yes. I actually prefer french contacts. I haven't practiced what to say in english. How does one say "puis-je demander" in english? it's hard to remember on the spot.

We had an average week, but a great Sunday. We have been asked by the bishop to present the challenge from Elder Ballard to reach out to one person before Christmas as a gift to the Savior. We are committing members to pray every day for experiences. We are pretty excited about it. Also Chantal, who had dropped us, is back on track and wants to be baptized. Also she seems much closer to being off drugs. 

That is all for dtoday. Now to send more pictures:

 
Here is David.



I took a video of me walking and talking some french, but it is too big for the e-mails. Dang it.  Here is sunrise in Sherbrooke from our tenth story appartament: The water is Le Lac des Nations, an arrogant name for a pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment