Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 6, 2015


Ladies and Gentlemen, Elder Holland!


Wow Elder Holland can speak! I'm consistently blown away by his inspired orating skills. His wasn't the talk that touched me the most, but it impressed me the most for sure! My favorite was the last talk by Elder Uchtdorf about Grace and mercy. I really felt blessed and edified to have a subject that I have spent these two years studying and struggling to understand properly laid out and explained in a manner that made total sense to me. As unworthy as I may feel at times, the Lord's grace and mercy still are extended to me. 

The work is going ok here in Lasalle. Our teaching pool is low right now because 1). We dropped a number of the old investigators since they weren't interested in anything but our company 2). The people we've found more recently are flaking out like crazy 3). We're struggling to find new people. We aren't discouraged however, and we are still going hard. Our biggest goal is to use the many less-active and returning members we visit to find interested investigators. Why tract when we have a limitless fountain of less-actives to visit and find through? Even just talking to the people near the less active when going to and from the lesson is more effective than just tracting. We're optimistic even if things are slower right now than before.

I'm so amazed at how old all the little ones look! Mads is huge! Ruth and Lizzie are turning into pretty young ladies! Ronnie looks like a beach bum, and Paige looks like a hipster.

Now that I'm done passing judgment I just want you all to know that I love you a ton. The Lord lives, and directs everything from the spending of tithing money, to the words of his humblest (and therefore greatest) servant. I love you all, and Happy Birthday to Paige! Hope you all have a wonderful spring break!

Elder Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment