Monday, December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013


Hey all you people out there!!

Welcome to round two of snowing and very very cold! This thursday is supposed to have a high of -11. The snow is falling at a crazy pace. The air is so humid that it sticks to everything. I got boots from the mission office, but I need to buy  a sweater or two today at...
COSTCO!!!! Elder Wilbur asked his mom for a membership and got it!! YAY!! Costco is the best place ever! We are going for the first time today! We are going to buy more food for like no money!! Yay!

On a sadder note, Jimmy will not be getting baptized any time soon. We found out last week that he isn't even close to off cigarettes. He can't even get to one a day. He had a great talk with the Bishop this Wednsday, and is still determined to go through with it. It will take a lot of time though. Carol is doing incredible though. She hasn't smoked for two weeks now and her date is the 20th of December. She looks like she is going to make it. She has had the program planned out for a year now, and finally will get to use it. She is such an example of strength and determination. Her whole family is so against it all that she hasn't told her kids that she is getting baptized. She really is a miracle.

Yes we get to skype for Christmas. There are several members who have offered their facilities, so that will not be a problem. I CAN"T BELIEVE JORDAN IS WORKING ON HER PAPERS!! She is going to get home close to the same time as me since...
THIS TRANSFER MARKS MY 1/4 MARK!! GAHHHHH!!!! WHERE IS IT ALL GOING!?!?! I have been gone for six months already? I can't believe it. I will be coming back in may  of 2015 so actually it is a little more than a quarter way but there are 16 transfers out in the field and this is my fourth. I almost feel cheated by how fast it is.

As for Christmas in Quebec, for most people it is nothing but an excuse to get drunk. It really isn't that big here. I am shocked by it. Most people here are anti-religion. If anything people get more angry the closer we get to Christmas. This is okay since Elder Wilbur and I are really trying to not have to knock. We do if we have to, but we are always looking for something more effective to do, like pass-byes and less active work. We know that the Johova's Witnesses will be knocking on Christmas, but we are not allowed to on the 25th. those TJ (french abbreviation) are a big hinderence in contacting since everyone thinks we are them. As for Christmas I love chocolate and cookies. Also I could really use a sweater (not a Christmas sweater) so I don't freeze to death. Other than that seeing you guys is all I will need. It is incredible the stuff people leave behind. Don't try to send me a bunch of non-food items. I will have to be brutal with suitcase space and it will be left in appartments. Elder Murphy's mom sent him a really nice excercise tube (the stretchy things) set and he had to just leave it behind. It is really fancy. The other thing is a Costco membership would be cool, but not every area has one so i don't know if it will be worth it.

Anyway that is all for this week. thanks everyone. I love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment