Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January 27, 2014


WWWWWHHHHAAAATTTT!!!! Mission call?!?!?!? OREGON!!! Wow. I am so happy!! Jordan you are going to be a wonderful missionary! Just don't be surprised when your trainer is like barely 19 years old. Also we will only be seperated by a little less than six months! I am so excited!

In other news our investigator's baptism is this coming Sunday. I can't believe it is going to be February in just a few days.  This last two weeks were the best weeks either of us has ever had with referrals. We received 2, and contacted 5 this last week. We are beginning to find the value of coming into member's homes and bringing the spirit. 

I have also been amazed to find that I have grown close to several families in the ward. The Beaudoin family, the Bergeron family, and Bishop Desjourdy's family have all grown very dear to me. It will be extremely difficult when I finally leave Sherbrooke to say goodbye to them. 

Also we went down to the Stanstead area last Thursday to contact some referrals. We wandered around the Ayer's Cliff and Way's Mill areas and went to Stanstead to see the border. We wanted to get as close as possible to get a picture, but we ended up on a road that WAS the border. One side of the road was U.S, the other Canada. When we passed a sign facing the other way saying "Bienvenue au Quebec" we turned around and drove back very fast. We didn't actually leave the mission, but we got way too close for comfort.

With regards to the glasses I keep just forgetting to put them on. I still need to get the nice ones fixed. The problem is every time I try to get the Costco card they just give me a temporary day pass. I'm getting frustrated.

Anyway we are going to play Risk and maybe some basketball with the sisters today for p-day, so that should be fun. Don't worry, none of it is against mission rules. We recently had a rule change that we could do activities with the sisters on p-days so now we hang out most p-days.

That is just about all. Oh and transfers are in three weeks, but we get mail every time there is a zone funcition, and there is a zone training meeting this week and a zone conference in two weeks. So there is really no stress about timing it right.

That is about all! Happy this week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment